Upgrade your MS Visual Basic (for Application) IDE with our add-in and enjoy features you are used from other state-of-the-art editors like MS Visual Studio.
Works with MS VB6 and all VBA applications like MS Office 2000 - 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Project, AutoCAD, ...
Version 1.5.1, released 2015-10-02
- Workspace (windows, cursors) gets saved and restored
- Windows (and their status, symbol, project etc.) are displayed in tabs
- Realtime search window, navigation bar & map bar
- Auto indention etc. for perfect source code formatting
- Highlightning of procedures, blocks, parentheses, spaces, selection
- Realtime snippets (regular expressions) and variables
- Kontextmenus (procedures, blocks, variables, tables, queries, ...)
- More than 300 fully customizable commands (names, shortcuts etc.)
- Multilanguage support, fully customizable (INI file)
Visual Basic is still a critical ability for hundreds of applications, especially Microsoft Office. That's the reason why programming in Visual Basic is a core part of the ECDL. The VBA IDE (VBE6.DLL) was released by Microsoft in 1999 as part of MS Office 2000. Since then Microsoft didn't improve the software at all, it lacks a lot features, tough hundreds third party software vendors licenced the VBA technology (language including the VBE) to upgrade their program into a plattform. Microsoft Visual Basic 6, released in 1998, is a very simular IDE and provides the same add-in API. Still thousands of developers are using these two products, maintaining and developing VB6 and VBA software.